I wanted to save this book and read it on my way to Turkey but that is another story altogether. I love the story as it centers around coping with love lost, rebirth, keeping faith and never giving up. Coincidentally, recently I learnt a valuable lesson on trusting your instincts more than you allow yourself to. In other words, stop being so 'anal' i.e. its ok to let your mind shoot irrelevant questions in your head; just don't blurt it out unnecessarily. Roger!
Anyway, every time I pick up a Nicholas Sparks material, I could somehow relate to it because I have gone or am going through what the characters are experiencing or feeling.
And the idea of having a scrapbook to document and share special moments with your child is priceless! I used to do that, keep a scrapbook with little anecdotes of places I've been to, or random thoughts on how I felt at that very moment... sometimes I'll include meaningful poems if I chanced upon them.
I also learnt about high risk pregnancies and Preeclampsia or Toxemia are common. I've heard how the blood poisons the baby and the mother causing complications such as kidney failure, liver cirrhosis, convulsion, etc... not a pleasant sight!
Most importantly, the material stresses the need to prioritise what is most important to you - family, health, integrity, friends and work, which I hope to emulate... time to take stock of things, take it easy at work for the sake of my health and perhaps settle down and start my own family is a good way to start living a more meaningful life? ;)
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment